Dienstag, 18. November 2008

Study of a little sculpture

As I was walking the other day along my most favourite boulevard in Berlin, Unter den Linden, this little painted bronze sculpture caught my eye, it is actually the base of a lamp. It seemed to me that from this sculpture radiated the same golden glow, that I so often envisaged on this very boulevard in the autumn of this year. I thought it would make a wonderful model for a painting, so I bought it. Here is the first painting of it, I am sure there will be more to follow.

Als ich kürzlich auf meiner Lieblingsstrasse in Berlin, Unter den Linden, ging, fiel mein Blick auf diese kleine bemalte Bronzeskulptur, die Teil einer Lampe ist. Es schien mir als ob von dieser Skulptur das selbe goldene Licht, das ich genau auf dieser Straße im diesjährigen Herbst so oft gesehen habe, abstrahlte. Ich konnte sie mir gut als Modell für ein Bild vorstellen und so kaufte ich sie. Hier ist das erste Bild mit ihr und ich bin sicher es wird nicht das letzte sein.




ca. 5,9 x 5,9 inch / Oil on Board / ca. 15cm x 15cm / Öl auf Holz

Labels: , , ,